POSITION DESCRIPTION: Teacher (Part-time)
About Communities In Schools Pittsburgh Allegheny County (CISPAC): Founded in 1985, CISPAC’s mission is to surround students with a community of supports empowering them to achieve in school and succeed in life. With annual revenue of just over $1 million, we offer a range of strategic solutions to harness the power of schools, students, families and the greater community to align decision making with student success as the primary focus. CISPAC deploys evidence-based interventions to help achieve school wide and student goals through expert consultation and on-site implementation. Our work is rooted in building strong relationships with all stakeholders and is deployed using trauma informed practices. We meet people where they are and work collaboratively to bring about positive systemic change to enhance school capacity and ignite student success.
Reporting to the Program Director, our part-time teachers will support our summer Learn & Earn program by providing academic support for students ages 14-21 enrolled in our work program.
- Work directly with CISPAC full-time staff to deploy a 6-week summer work program to help students learn about possible career paths while developing soft skills and improving overall academic achievement.
- Provide one-on-one support to students who require more academic support
- Identify students who need more support and/or modifications to fully participate in the program
- Work with team to deliver lessons and activities to all students
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must have a valid PA driver’s license and reliable transportation. Must be able to lift 30 pounds. This position’s home office is the CISPAC administrative office. All programming is delivered at the Sto-Rox High School in McKees Rocks.
COMPENSATION & SCHEDULE:
- $20 per hour
- This position is a non-exempt, part-time temporary position
- 25 hours per week, M-F 9:00 AM – 2:30 PM beginning 6/17 through 8/2.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume and cover letter to Bridget Clement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Teacher” in the subject line of your email.