For more than 40 years, CIS has developed an evidenced based approach to supporting student needs that is extremely successful. Nationally, we serve 1.5 million students across 23 states.
Significant milestones from the 2017-2018 school year.
● Formalized and led Sto-Rox Youth Partnership – 70 organizations working together providing services to students and their families
● Created the Sto-Rox Youth Partnership Steering Committee and led a comprehensive Collective Impact planning process to identify the top priorities and metrics for the community.
● Created the Woodland Hills Provider Council bringing together more than 40 community-based providers to identify solutions to gaps in service for students and families.
● Created Provider Service Maps to help school staff and parents easily access needed supports.
3-Year Impact Averages for Students Receiving Intensive Student Support
● 99% student retention rate
● 99% of students grade promoted
● 91% of students met attendance goal
● 85% of students met their behavior goals
● 87% of students met their academic goal
For the 2018-2019 school year, we served 12 schools across 5 school districts representing a 6,000+ total student population:
- Arsenal Middle
- Manchester Academic Charter (6-8)
- Allegheny Middle (6-8)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (K-8)
- Morrow (K-8)
- Manchester (K-8)
- Junior/Senior High
- Primary, Upper Elementary, Junior/Senior High
- Linton Middle (5-8)
- Pittsburgh Urban Christian Charter – PUCS (K-8)