A joint project between Focus on Renewal (FOR), CISPAC and the McKees Rocks Rotary the Pre-Apprenticeship Academy is looking to provide students and young adults between the ages of 16-24 a pathway to a career in the industrial trades. We’re creating career pathways into high wage high priority occupations.
Participants will gain information about the opportunities that exist in High Priority Occupations (HPOs). We will provide the tools needed to move into a high wage trades program, positioning participants for a successful launch into a new career.
The program will provide workplace and training center tours, career matching and entrance preparation support. While COVID-19 is delaying the start of this program, we expect to launch it as soon as the stay-at-home order is rescinded.
Trades and Companies to be explored:
- Construction and Building Trades (Duckstein Restoration, Tudi Mechanical, and Union Trades)
- Manufacturing (Ace Wire Spring, Lane Steel, and TruFoods)
- Information Technology and Cyber Security (Google, Impact Consulting Solutions, Inc., and eNGINE)
- Non-Profit Community Services (Youthbuild, Auberle, and Goodwill SWPA)
- Transportation and Logistics (Pitt Ohio, Amazon, and FedEx)
If you are interested in participating in this program, please contact: Dorrian Glenn at 412-216-2734 or by email.
Click Here for more information